Students have free access to powerful learning and creative software to use at home and on the go. Microsoft’s Student Advantage Program permits downloading and use of the entire Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Skype, Outlook, and Access) on up to five compatible PCs or Macs at no charge. This free application is open to all WMS students. Downloaded software can be used by family members too. It includes free automatic updates and is good for as long as students remain in Prince William County Public Schools.
At the beginning of the school year Mr. Jones and teachers will work with students on accessing their accounts.
Basic directions for installation on both Mac and Windows computers are as follows:
- Student sign in is the first 6 letters of the last name, initial of first name, initial of middle name, and graduation year (e.g: smithcx25).The password is the one your student created at school.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Office 365 settings.
- Select software and install the 32 bit or 64 bit versions of Office 365 depending on the operating system version installed on your computer.
- Choose run when prompted. Office 365 will begin to install.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Select use recommended settings and accept the license agreement. Installation will be complete and you can use your new Office 365.
- Teachers and students can download Office 365 mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phones at no charge from their respective app stores or office365.pwcs.edu.
Once installed, users will be prompted to login with the student network account to verify the child as a PWCS student.
WMS cannot provide support for personal computers and mobile devices, however, general questions and login issues can be directed to Mr. Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.